Since Forte is no more I decided to buy a small pack of 8x10 Polywarmtone Museum weight Glossy fibre paper to try out and see what the fuss is. I am going to state off the bat, I love the warmtone results, it give the print an almost organic feel. Now to get these results I realized after the first printing session I had to up the strength of the Ilford Multigrade paper developer from 1+14 to 1+9. Even then, I was leaving the paper in to develop for extra minute or two. Also, I had get used to the longer exposure time. If I reprint any of these photos on Ilford double weight FB,I will have to cut the times back on average ten seconds. I realised as much as I love the results, I am an Ilford guy at heart.

The photos below were shot last fall in Kensington Market and Chinatown in late September with a Pentax Spotmatic II and Kodak Plus X film. I scanned the prints in colour and desaturated by 50% to give the approximation of the warmtone appearance.




Comments

Petrol said…
I've been using Forte Elegance (polywarmtone, vc, fb, semi-matte) all this week for my final project and I must say, it produces gorgeous results. Drydown is a little flat - semi-matte after all - but one can compensate by using a higher filter in the enlarger. It's an excellent paper. Just wish I had more.

Popular posts from this blog

Rollei 35, Rollei RPX 100 on the October Photo Walk

Second Roll of Aerocolor IV (Flic Film Elektra 100)

The Trip Back Down HIghway 35 from Dwight to Minden.