The Beaches when It was Just a Wee Bit Warmer

Friends and colleagues at times wonder if I specialize in a particular photographic subject. My answer is if I wind up getting into a rut, I then shake it up with a new location. I haven't really shot much in Toronto over the past year and if I have it's usually in my brother's neighbourhood the Beaches, I never get tired wandering around here and evidence of that is all over this photoblog in previous posts.

To challenge myself, sometimes I will only pack one camera and one "prime" lens usually a 50mm. That forces me to look at potential images and work within my constraints. In this case I pulled out my Leica M4-2, at first glance it looks like a glorified point and shoot rangefinder camera, however lenses, especially new ones can easily go into the thousands of dollars new, especially the digital bodies.

Over the next few weeks I plan to pack one of my Leica's with me when I travel into Toronto for class and shoot streetscapes in what amounts to challenging light with the grey late November-early December skies.


Camera: Leica M4-2 with a Canon 50 f1.4 lens,
Film: Ilford HP5 400 processed in HC110 Dilution B.

Queen St. East

Scan-131124-0004

What's Taking My Master So Long?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Second Roll of Aerocolor IV (Flic Film Elektra 100)

Rollei 35, Rollei RPX 100 on the October Photo Walk

The Trip Back Down HIghway 35 from Dwight to Minden.