Distillery District in the Snow

What do you do when you have a fellow photography podcaster roll into town for a few days? Head out for a photowalk. Mark, Nancy and I rolled east on a diverted 504 King St. (thank you sub trerranian electrical vault fire). I haven't been to the Distillery District in ages, it would be interesting to explore it during a snowstorm (by Toronto standards).

I chose my combination of pushed to 1600 ISO Kodak Tri-X processed in Xtol stock and I got fabulous results. The camera of choice was my black Nikon FM, my chrome FM developed a shutter issue and needs a date with the repair tech.

What ever you do when shooting in the snow, don't meter on the snow unless you like it to turn out grey. Always aim for a wall, a car, someone's jacket for a meter reading.


By the Young Centre For Performing Arts

Lamps and Door

A Big Head in the Distillery District

A Big Head in the Distillery District Close Up

Perspective in the Background

Snowy International Truck

Distillery and Trinity_

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Rollei 35, Rollei RPX 100 on the October Photo Walk

Second Roll of Aerocolor IV (Flic Film Elektra 100)

The Trip Back Down HIghway 35 from Dwight to Minden.