New Camera: Minolta XD-11 and The Beaches Art Instalation

I always wanted a Minolta XD-11, this camera was part of the great engineering partnership between Minolta and Leica. If you look carefully, you can see the basic layout for the Leica R4, R5, R6 and R7. For longtime readers you know I borrowed my brother's Leica R4 and lenses, the XD-11 feels the exact same way in your hands. In fact some Minolta lenses were also used as Leica R lenses. The mount is different. What's sad is Leica R bodies are going for a song these days because everyone wants the R lenses on their full frame cameras.

Getting back to the XD-11, it is a very intuitive camera to use if you know your way around Minolta. My lens kit is mostly MC Rokkor, and since I'm not a shutter priority kind of guy, no big deal. Size wise, this camera is around the same size and weight of Nikon FM/FE having a just right feeling in our hands.

As you can see, I got the black one courtesy Burlington Camera, now I hope a chrome one crosses their path at some point.

I usually shoot the Beaches art installations over March Break, I wasn't house and dog sitting in the Beaches this year so I took a day off mid week and went into Toronto to photograph them before the end of March. One thing I did notice, all the installations were located at Woodbine Beach, further east construction crews were installing anti flooding measures around the lifeguard station and the boardwalk.

Camera: Minolta XD-11, MC Rokkor 50 f1.7 lens, MC Rokkor X- 28 f2.8 lens.
Film: Rollei RPX 400.

My new to me Minolta XD-11

Beach Installation #1

Beach Installation #2

Beach Installation #2 Pinwheels_

Beach Installation #3 Maze by the Water

Beach Installation #4 Nest

Beach installation #4 Weave

Beach Piano

Beach installation #5 Horn

Beach installation #5 in the Background



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Second Roll of Aerocolor IV (Flic Film Elektra 100)

Rollei 35, Rollei RPX 100 on the October Photo Walk

The Trip Back Down HIghway 35 from Dwight to Minden.