Late August in the Beaches Part One

I was back in the Beaches in Toronto's east end for the last two weeks of August. I packed Minolta this time out and I also picked up a pro pack of Kodak Portra 160. I'm a Kodak Ektar kinda guy but my brother Alex had been shooting with it recently in medium format and I wanted to give it a try.

Portra 160 doesn't quite get the attention that Portra 400 and Ektar 100 gets, the quiet medium speed film shares the same Eastman Vision technology that renders no grain and easy scanning properties. Unlike Ektar, Portra 160 has a neutral colour palette that I surprisingly liked. The other strength of the  Portra series is how well it handles skin tones. I have a few rolls left, I plan to use them soon and get some more.

Camera: Minolta XD, MD and MC Rokkor X lenses.
Film: Kodak Portra 160

Rainbow Muskoka Chairs

Beaches Life Boats

Wheel Chair Path to the Shoreline Take Two

Yellow Burst

Super Quiet On the Boardwalk

Leuty Beach Surf

Leuty Beach Lifeguard Station Flood Protection Work

Leuty Beach Former Boat House

AM boardwalk Migration_

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Rollei 35, Rollei RPX 100 on the October Photo Walk

Second Roll of Aerocolor IV (Flic Film Elektra 100)

The Trip Back Down HIghway 35 from Dwight to Minden.