Grail Lens: OM Zuiko MC 35 f2 lens and Cabbagetown

Proof if you're patient enough, you can find one of your grail lenses at a reasonable price at a local brick and mortar camera shop with a well-stocked used counter. I've been after a Zuiko 35 f2 lens for my Olympus OM kit for years. I have a weak spot for fast moderately wide lenses which are perfect for walking around in the city and for travel. I got lucky and found a late production MC version of this lens at Burlington Camera, I think it was one of Joan's easiest sales that week.

Doing some research, the jury is split on the 35 f2 focal length in OM Zuiko mount. Some people love it, others find the lens lacking. I ran a test roll of Kosmo Mono 100, it was a sunny day in Toronto's Cabbagetown neighbourhood and gave the lens a workout. Now I shot at F4 and down to F11 and got amazing results. I have the late production MC version and even then I highly recommend a lens hood, the lens I've read can be prone to flare. I have an aftermarket 5mm metal lens hood for my Canon FD chrome nose 35 f2 that's also 55mm in front. The Olympus lens while heavy compared to Zuiko lenses is a lot lighter than other fast 35 lenses out there.

Coupled with the OM Zuiko 100 f2.8 lens, I now have a super compact two lens travel kit.

So, when your dream lens comes up. Just buy it.

Camera: Olympus OM-1md, Zuiko MC 35 f2 lens.
Film: Kosmo Mono 100, Tmax Dev 1+4.

Red Retriever

North Side of Wellseley_

Laneway Exploring

Decorated Car Port

Meeting the Dogwalker

O'Riordan and Coltsfoot Lanes

Garage Saviour

Wellseley Cottage with Mailbox

Rustic Mailbox

Grand Victorian Semis_

Randall Running Across Carlton

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Rollei 35, Rollei RPX 100 on the October Photo Walk

Second Roll of Aerocolor IV (Flic Film Elektra 100)

The Trip Back Down HIghway 35 from Dwight to Minden.