Saturday at Kelso Conservation Area with the Oakville Camera Club

I haven't been to Kelso Conservation Area in Milton for a very long time. The Oakville Camera Club held their fall outing at the inagural Hops and Harvest Festival. The weather that weekend was chageable, we had mostly overcast skies that day, and my go to film for that sort of light is Kodak Portra 400 for it's sheer latitude. I also had an opportunity a new to me Micro Nikkor Ai 50 f3.5 lens I bought of my friend John Meadows, the results were really good with the old trunk with the fungus growth.

The main reason why I don't go to Kelso for hikes is the constant din of the 401, kinda kills the being one with nature feeling. What also took me a back a bit is the mount of development creeping towards the Escaprment from the west side of Milton. If you're looking for a more "get away from it all" in the Conservation Halton network, check out Lime House, Rattlesnake point, Mt Nemo or Crawford Lake Conservation Areas. Personally next year I'm going much further afield.

Camera: Nikon F2a, Nikkor Ai 50 f2 lens, Ai Micro 55 f3.5 lens,  Ais 28 f2.8 lens.
Film: Kodak Portra 400

Mini Pumpkins for Sale_

Tunnel to the East Lodge

Glen Eden One

Top of Glen Eden

Kelso Escarpment

On Top of Kelso Escarpment_

Fungus on the Log

On the Bruce Trail in Kelso_

Looking Out Between the Trees

Branko_

Escarpment Roots

Gate to the Quarry

Bottom of Glen Eden

Waiting at the Food Truck

Little Dog Looking

More Food Truck Waiting

Gabrielle One

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Rollei 35, Rollei RPX 100 on the October Photo Walk

Second Roll of Aerocolor IV (Flic Film Elektra 100)

The Trip Back Down HIghway 35 from Dwight to Minden.