My Rolleiflex is back from Gerry at Kindermann, I had to send it in for warranty work, something went wrong with the film advance, turns out a small part broke. Well I have the camera back and I took it up with me on my last ski day at Caledon.

As you can tell there's no snow on the ground, the daytime high was +18c. I shot the below photographs before and after skiing.

I used Kodak Plus 125 a nice old school medium speed black and white film and processed with Xtol 1+1. I prefer my film with a bit of character, my brother Alex prefers tube grained films like Ilford Delta, Kodak Tmax and Fuji Acros. I do to on occasion but I prefer a retro look to my work.

I ordered a half dozen rolls of Fomapan 400 in 120 from Freestyle Photographic and I can't wait to try that particular film out.

Hanging Bridge

West Credit after the thaw

Ice Cream Stand

Cheltanham Badlands

Comments

Earl said…
I used the Arista.EDU ultra which I believe is the same as the Fomapan. Lots of curls... Look forward to your evaluation.
Bill Smith said…
Hi Earl,

I did my research on that and I'm going to try to dry the negatives in a more humid environment after developing (plan to use Rodinal 1+50)and see if that mitigates the curling issue somewhat.

Popular posts from this blog

Second Roll of Aerocolor IV (Flic Film Elektra 100)

Rollei 35, Rollei RPX 100 on the October Photo Walk

The Trip Back Down HIghway 35 from Dwight to Minden.