Second Roll of Aerocolor IV (Flic Film Elektra 100)

 I bought a bunch of Flic Film Elektra 100 after shooting a roll of Santa Color 100 late last fall down in Niagara on the Lake with my good Canon New F-1. I packed a two rolls gifting one roll to my brother Alex before heading south on vacation for a week. This time around my second adventure of Kodak Aero Color IV at a different time of the year. 

Again, I shot at "box speed" at 100 ISO only this time through my Nikon F3/T. This time I loved the results even more, not just because it went through a different camera system. I think back late last November there was more infrared light in the spectrum due the time of year thus influencing the colour cast of the Aero Color 1V. Shooting the second roll in late March gave me a lot more the look I adored. Due to the polyester base Aero Color IV is easy to scan, you can almost colour correct during the scanning process, reducing your work flow a bit at the other end in Lightroom. Again being a polyester base, you want to load this film in subdued light to reduce the chance of light piping in the first three frames. As polyester bases goes Aero Color IV feels about the same as Japan Camera Hunter Streetpan 400, give or take a micron. 

Despite what you have to be mindful of, I think Flic Film Elektra 100 is replacing Kodak Ektar 100 in my colour film arsenal once those stocks deplete. It doesn't hurt Elektra 100 is $5 cheaper than Ektar 100 in the Canadian market. 


Camera: Nikon F3HP, Nikkor AiS 50 F1.4, 28 F2.8 lens. 

Film: Flic Film Elektra 100. 



House Across the StreetMar 2023 Sunny Afternoon on Boardwalk Dr. MAr 2023 Boardwalk Dr. Alleyway MAr 2023 Photographing the Yellow Ramp The Red Spitball Tube Robo Trash Panda Memorial for Conrad Path to Woodbine Beach Behold Robo Trash Panda Beaches Lifeguard Station in the Sun Mar 2023 Remaining Ice on the Rocks White House and Red Roof on Lee Ave Gardiner's Cottage in Colour Mar 2023 Sidewalk Citrus Selection Stone Patio Before the Crowds Mar 2023 Daffodill Mar 2023 Spring Flower Selection Mar 2023 Spring Flower Selection Two Mar 2023 The Beach Wall in Colour Sparky Fire Plug Number 17 Fire Station Fire Station 17 Looking Up Mar 2023 502 Westbound at the Fire Station_ Easter Rabbit Display Queen St. Crosswalk at Sarah Ashbrdige Mar 2023 501 at Sarah Ashbrdige Mar 2023

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Rollei 35, Rollei RPX 100 on the October Photo Walk

The Trip Back Down HIghway 35 from Dwight to Minden.