About Those Slides, Some Good News of Sorts

My friend James offered to process my slide film and I took him up on the offer, he owns a Jobo Processor and I know the end results would be great. Well, there was a teachable moment along the way. James lives up in Milton, and Milton draws it's municipal water from wells and is as hard as a granite countertop. That is the chemical wrench in E-6 processing. All my slide film came out almost a stop or two underexposed and there was some serious rescue work done in Lightroom. James apologized profusely, turned out he usually uses distilled water mixing up E-6 chemicals only this time used tap water. I  get it because that is the same exact blunder I would do on autopilot.

So the teachable moment, if you're processing your slides at home, either 1) use distilled water or 2) invest in a water softener. Hard water does a number on the dye couplers so some colour channels are over represented and others under represented. I also had a roll of Velvia 100 and Provia 100 in 35mm processed too and with some rescuing in Lightroom look pretty good as well.

Camera: Rolleiflex Series E 75 f3.5 Planar TLR.
Film: Fuji Provia 100, home processed by a friend.

Billie Bear Main Lodge Rec Room

Three Brown Muskoka Chairs

Trees in Transition

Neighbouring Cottages

Canoes by the Shore

Plenty of Seating by Bella Lake

Saturday Morning Speedboat.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Rollei 35, Rollei RPX 100 on the October Photo Walk

Second Roll of Aerocolor IV (Flic Film Elektra 100)

The Trip Back Down HIghway 35 from Dwight to Minden.