Lower Riverdale Between Christmas and New Year's

I took my Nikon N90s with me to the Beaches over the hump time between Christmas and New Years and got a chance to try out my Christmas present, a Nikkor second generation AF 50 f1.8 lens. It's been ages since I messed around with an autofocus lens and found it fun to work with. I used the camera on manual and on single focus as opposed to continuous autofocus (great for moving objects).

This was also a chance to test Rollei Retro 400S, now first off it is not really 400 ISO in HC110 B which is my go to developer, more like 200 ISO. With all the recent hype with Japan Camera Hunter's Street Pan 400, I wanted to try another near infrared film and see what it can do. Oh baby this has fine grain and handles lousy grey days as well as JCH400. Rollei Retro 400S is coated on a clear polyester base which means you have be careful loading the camera, stay away from windows, otherwise you will fog the first three frames! I just ordered some more of this film and I want to try it on brighter days to see how it will handle.

Camera: Nikon N90s, Nikkor Af 50 f1.8 lens.
Film: Rollei Retro 400S, HC110 B.

The Don River Trench_

Don Valley Parkway Mid Day

The Davies Ave

Davies Ave and Don Valley Parkway Entrance

Merchants of Green Coffee

Doorway to Good Coffee

Lower Riverdale Side Street

Hamilton Street_

Broadview Station Bound Street Car_

Standing in front of Dangerous Dan's_

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Rollei 35, Rollei RPX 100 on the October Photo Walk

Second Roll of Aerocolor IV (Flic Film Elektra 100)

The Trip Back Down HIghway 35 from Dwight to Minden.