It's the end of an era and the beginning of a new one. The Durst M300 has been taken off front line duty in my darkroom and replaced by the Bentley Continental of enlargers: the De Vere 504. It's an early birthday present from my mom and my brother brokered the deal through a lab getting rid of some surplus gear. Turns out my 504 has a Varicon Codenser head which requires big Rodenstock lenses which is a rare beast, most De Vere 504's came with a colour head.

Printing with the De Vere is a different experience, I find the prints to be sharper and much more pleasing with the condenser head. I love my "new" thirty year old enlarger.

The print below is the first one and I used Ilford 5x7 Multigrade Glossy paper and it beats the negative scan in a previous post.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Rollei 35, Rollei RPX 100 on the October Photo Walk

Second Roll of Aerocolor IV (Flic Film Elektra 100)

The Trip Back Down HIghway 35 from Dwight to Minden.