What's this, a colour photograph? Most of my Flickr contacts and fellow members have me labeled as that "old school black and white guy." I love shooting black and white, I love the whole process of developing and printing at home in my darkroom. Well, surprise I dig colour too, and I kick myself for discovering slide film late in the game. I shot this last year at the Cheltenham Badlands on Lower Base Line Road with my Nikon F with Kodachrome 64 with a Nikkor H 50 f2 lens.

This particular emulsion is the grandfather of all colour film. Kodachrome was invented in the 1930s and has the reputation for it's archival properties. I love the retro colour rendition and that fact I am running it through cameras about the same age as I am, seems appropriate.

Now shooting with this film requires patience, Kodachrome is simple in chemical makeup, however complex in processing and there is only one lab left in the world based in Kansas that processes film. Figure a month wait to get your slides back.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Rollei 35, Rollei RPX 100 on the October Photo Walk

Second Roll of Aerocolor IV (Flic Film Elektra 100)

The Trip Back Down HIghway 35 from Dwight to Minden.