Cannington On.

Cannington Ontario is roughly an hour's drive North East of Toronto and my family settled there in the 1830s after coming over from Forres Scotland. George Smith was a merchant with his son (my great grand father) William George Smith taking over in the latter half of the 19th Century. It's a real small town and I can see why a bunch of Smiths (my branch of the family) moved down to Toronto before WW I. I went back up to explore, I think I was the first one back in two generations. It's nice to visualize where your family put down roots and later leave. The Smiths were a prolific bunch and have a lot of relatives spread out over Durham region and other parts of Ontario. Some I have met and others I have not. Cameron St. East. Sidewalk Scan-111031-0013 Scan-111031-0012 Scan-111031-0011 Hall Tower Family Plot (Meet the relatives) Concession Rd 11

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Rollei 35, Rollei RPX 100 on the October Photo Walk

Second Roll of Aerocolor IV (Flic Film Elektra 100)

The Trip Back Down HIghway 35 from Dwight to Minden.