East of Toronto Part II: Prince Edward County

I think I found paradise.

It started with lunch at Huff Estates Winery, they have a really nice patio where we had lunch, in my case a roast beef sandwich with melted brie with mixed green salad. If there is ever a place that I would consider as close to paradise as you are going to get within a two and a half hour drive east of  Toronto. I tossed up an iPhone shot of the beach on Twitter and Facebook with the line, 'I think I found paradise."

A couple of people and businesses  from Prince Edward County favourited that photo and a few re-tweeted it which was a nice stroke to the ego.

The thing with the beach at Sandbank Provincial Park is the sand, it's sugar sand and you feel like you're on the ocean only there is no tides to deal with. We were smart going Friday because the long weekend would have been a zoo at the park. After relaxing on the beach it was time to make our way to check out Bloomfield, a gem of a small town, a perfect place to hide from reality for a few days and just explore the surrounding countryside.

Ok, one place you have to go is Slicker's Ice Cream in downtown Bloomfield. I had the coffee and caramel flavour and my friend Siobhan had campfire which tastes like toasted marshmallows. A fair warning on long weekends Slickers gets slammed so expect a long line up.

What struck me about Prince Edward County was it felt a lot like New England which is courtesy the deep United Empire Loyalist roots in the area. You can tell by seeing the Union Jack flying in places along with one gentleman blasting bagpipe music on the radio in his pickup truck and he was younger than me. The sad thing was we had to go home to Toronto and Oakville respectively. I want to come back again to take more photographs as I feel I've only scratched the surface with this part of the world.

Square Photo: iPhone 5S with VSCOcam C3 preset.
Black and White: Canon F-1N, FD 50 f1.4 SSC lens,
Film: Kentmere 100, Ilfosol3 1+4.

Untitled

Sandbanks Beach

This Way to the Beach

Scan-140803-0013

Scan-140803-0014

Mill St.

Scan-140803-0016

Scan-140803-0017

Downtown Bloomfield

Scan-140804-0002


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Second Roll of Aerocolor IV (Flic Film Elektra 100)

Rollei 35, Rollei RPX 100 on the October Photo Walk

The Trip Back Down HIghway 35 from Dwight to Minden.