Black and White Portraits with a Mamyia C220f

I confess I am a gearhead when it comes to cameras, one system I vow to shoot more with is the Mamyia C220f, a medium format twin lens reflex camera. Unlike Rolleiflexes which has fixed lenses, the C220f and the C330 series have interchangeable lenses with leaf shutters. Last week I was hanging out with my friend Lindsay and had an opportunity to grab a fresh portrait, I like this way better than the professional head shot I did for her back in the fall. Comes down the right focal length, 105mm is more flattering than 80mm in medium format. I also prefer black and white for portraits.

The Mamyia C220f I think is going to come with me to Algonquin Park this year. The big question is which lenses come along for the ride, this is not a light system.

My Mamyia C220f

Lindsay

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Rollei 35, Rollei RPX 100 on the October Photo Walk

Second Roll of Aerocolor IV (Flic Film Elektra 100)

The Trip Back Down HIghway 35 from Dwight to Minden.