Test Roll with my Rehabilitated Canon F-1

I own three Canon F-1's, a pair from the mid 1980s and an early example from my guess 1971 or '72. Now the early Canon F-1 had this mystery light leak that was driving me nuts and testing the patience of my camera repair tech in Hamilton. We finally figured out what the problem was, there's a gasket between the focusing screen and the mirror box, well some repair tech forgot to put it back in, figured that out after four ruined rolls of film.

Now for the test drive, I took the camera in with me last Thursday in the afternoon before an IABC/Toronto panel discussion on trends in interactive design. The F-1 is a great camera, also a heavy one too especially mated with the FD 35 f2 lens. I'm not complaining because the problem's solved. Yay!!

The other thing I did is play around with Bergger BRF 400, to date I have been processing it in HC110, I get good results but curly negatives. This time out I used D76 1+1 (one part developer stock solution, other part water) and I'm really happy with the results.

Camera: Canon F-1, FD 35 f2 lens with the chrome nose and thorium element.
Film: Bergger BRF400, D76 1+1.

My latest Canon F-1

Eastbound GO Train Stuck at Exhibition Station

Waiting at King and York I

Crossing Richmond_

Eaton Centre II

Getting Across Adelaide

Reflected Adelaide and Yonge

Crosswalk Chaos

Brookfield Atrium_

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Rollei 35, Rollei RPX 100 on the October Photo Walk

Second Roll of Aerocolor IV (Flic Film Elektra 100)

The Trip Back Down HIghway 35 from Dwight to Minden.