This is not an easy photo for me and I was quite slow in uploading it here. I took this back in March of 2005 two days after my dad was diagnosed with inoperable Cancer, he passed on two and a half weeks after this picture was taken. I get emotional on this photo and it proves family snapshots can be quite powerful. Dad gave me his Leica M3 and Nikon F, my brother Alex got the Leica IIIG, Nikkormant FTn and a Topcon that afternoon. I was not an easy afternoon for Alex and I but I saw where dad was coming from, he was tying up loose ends. I took this photo with the M3 and I am sad he is not around to see what Alex and I are up to with his gear.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Second Roll of Aerocolor IV (Flic Film Elektra 100)

Rollei 35, Rollei RPX 100 on the October Photo Walk

The Trip Back Down HIghway 35 from Dwight to Minden.