Up in Elora Experimenting Part One

I needed to fall of the grid last week. Monday became a play day and I drove northwest to the village of Elora, it's about an hour and a bit northwest of Greater Toronto. If you have never been take the time to go, especially during the week when it's not quite so busy. If you're looking for a nice place to eat, there are plenty of options, I have been to the Shepherd's Pub by the Grand River but this time had lunch at Wreckless Eric's.

While up there I wanted to experiment with some Cinestill 50  a niche C-41 colour negative film that's actually daylight motion picture stock from Kodak with the remjet layer removed. They weren't kidding there's no grain. I plan to use this film on the Algonquin Trip this coming fall if I can get the scans just right, digitizing colour film is still a learning process.

What I really love is the latitude, you have tons of it compared to Kodak Ektar 100, another one of my favourite C-41 films. The only real downside is cost, the Canadian dollar is taking one hell of a bruising in currency markets this Summer and at $9 and change USD per roll, this is for special projects.

Camera: Olympus OM-1MD, Zuiko 50 f1.4 and 28 f3.5 lens.
Film: Cinestill 50 Processed by Downtown Camera in Toronto.


Rushing Water by the Mill

Reflection on the Grand

Monday in Elora

Doors

Patriotic Jeep Pick Up



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Rollei 35, Rollei RPX 100 on the October Photo Walk

Second Roll of Aerocolor IV (Flic Film Elektra 100)

The Trip Back Down HIghway 35 from Dwight to Minden.