Fun with Kodak Ultramax 400 in the Beaches

I love Kodak Portra 400, it's an amazing colour film, but I wanted to try out the lesser expensive option, it goes by different names, in this case from B&H as Ultramax 400. To my understanding it's also sold under the Lomo brand through the Lomographic Society. It's nice film, I love the punch of colour and didn't require much adjusting in Lightroom.

Last week I showed you what Ektar 100 looks like on a miserable day, now we see what the inexpensive C-41 film looks like. By and large I'm happy with the results save for challenge with the 50 f1.4 lens I used on March break, I was getting an uneven exposure, at first thought you would think it was a shutter issue but I just got this camera overhauled but it wasn't happening with every shot, definitely not when I was shooting portrait as opposed to landscape and not on every landscape shot either. I'm going to look at getting getting the lens serviced. I'm not one for tossing out out old glass if everything sorta looks okay as in no fungus, element separation or haze. Now the bottom two images show the uneven exposure even after my fix in Lightroom.  Thoughts?


Camera: Nikon F2SB, Nikkor 50 f1.4 and Nikkor P 105 f2.5 lenses.
Film: Kodak Ultramax 400


Firestation No 17 in the Sun

Spring Tulips

Chillin' In Front of Bud's

Tibetan Gift Shop

Glen Stewart Ravine Trail 3

Long Walk Up

Beacher Cafe Sign

Sunset Grill_

Pathway to the Lake Ontario

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Rollei 35, Rollei RPX 100 on the October Photo Walk

Second Roll of Aerocolor IV (Flic Film Elektra 100)

The Trip Back Down HIghway 35 from Dwight to Minden.