I have been going on a tear with the darkroom, I printed three photos from my one and I think only Don Valley Brickworks visit late last Summer. I got a lot of grain with these photos courtesy Classicpan 400 but I think it enhances the look. There is no way I can go above 8x10 with enlargement. With 20/20 hindsight I should have gone with Ilford HP5 and push two stops but the end result would have been different. I scanned in as a colour photo on my cheapie scanner and converted two of the three into greyscale and I left the Junction Boxes Brought to You by the Letter F alone giving an almost sepia look.














Comments

Bobby Q said…
Hi Bill. I wanted to post a comment on the original post of these pic's a long time ago but one thing lead to another and I'm sure you know the rest.

You have lots of good pictures in your blog. I like the "Don Valley Brickworks" series a lot. These shots remindes me of movie sets I've worked on in the studios. I agree with what you said about how the "grain enhances the look.

Congrats on making your own prints. I'd like to give it a shot one day but I recently got a DSLR and I want to play with that for awhile.

I think it would be very kewl if you decide to sell some prints. You should give it a shot. What have you got to lose?

All the best.

Popular posts from this blog

Rollei 35, Rollei RPX 100 on the October Photo Walk

Second Roll of Aerocolor IV (Flic Film Elektra 100)

The Trip Back Down HIghway 35 from Dwight to Minden.