Further off the Path

One thing I love about the Oakville Camera Club I co-founded six years ago is members from time to time put together informal photo outings. The original idea I had was a mid town photo walk after dark and do some long exposure night photography.

the event morphed quickly when my friend Anna's cousin Xenia and co-worker Alicia came on board as models. Long time readers of my blog know I shoot usually black and white and mostly landscapes and streets capes with available light. Shooting with a flash after sundown, with colour film and a pair of gorgeous models, whom I can't thank enough for coming out was a fresh experience.

The end result was a shoot in a mid town Toronto alleyway learning the finer points of my Nikon SB-16b Speedlight which was prone to overheating. Couple that with dropping my portrait lens, I was surprised I got the results I did.

Sadly, my Nikkor Ais 105 f2.5 portrait lens has oil on the aperture blades, the big question,  repair or replace or buy a second portrait lens and get the first one fixed.

We had a blast (equipment issues aside) and we'll be returning to that alleyway for some available light shooting during the "golden hour" of light and dinner at the Rebel House soon.


The technical bits: 
Camera: Nikon N90s with either a Nikkor Ais 50 f1.4 or 105 f2.5 portrait lens. 
Flash: Nikon SB-16b 
Film: Kodak Portra 400. 


Alicia

Xenia in Front of the Door

Alicia is on the Ball

Xenia

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Rollei 35, Rollei RPX 100 on the October Photo Walk

Second Roll of Aerocolor IV (Flic Film Elektra 100)

The Trip Back Down HIghway 35 from Dwight to Minden.