A Day Up in Elora Part One

Getting closer to the end of the Summer as people usually see it and I needed another day trip, my original plans for Prince Edward County got cancelled due to a friend's family health emergency so I pointed my car Northwest back to Elora instead of East along the 401.

Elora is a culinary hotspot deep in Wellington County roughly 20 minutes north of Guelph. Now if you are looking for a nice place to eat, I can recommend the Shepherd's Pub or Wreckless Eric's both are a great place for lunch and I can't recommend the Maclean's Pale Ale enough. I will recommend taking the Elora Culinary Walking Tour , think of it as a tasting menu for the town.

Sadly the Elora Mill Inn is still closed for renovations, the new owners seem to be distracted with other ventures as a result the village is quieter than it should be. I stayed there 15 years ago with my girlfriend at the time on a long weekend package and enjoyed myself. There are other places to stay through a quick search online you can find local bed and breakfasts, this is a great weekend or weekday get away with some great hiking over in Elora Gorge.


Colour Photos

Camera:Nikon FM, Nikkor 50 f1.8 Ais and 28 f2.8 Ai lenses.
Film: Kodak Ektar 100

Black and White Photos

Camera: Nikon F3HP, Nikkor 50 f1.8 Ais, 105 2.5 Ai and 28 f2.8 Ai lenses.
Film: Fomopan 200 processed in D76 1+1.

Wellington County Back Road II.tiff_

Building Reflection II

A really Calm Morning

Reflected Mill

Elora Mill Inn on the Grand River

Bridge over The Grand

The Mermaid Store

Overgrown Doors

Drooping Flower

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Second Roll of Aerocolor IV (Flic Film Elektra 100)

Rollei 35, Rollei RPX 100 on the October Photo Walk

The Trip Back Down HIghway 35 from Dwight to Minden.