Toronto Mid February 2019

I haven't shot with my Canon New F-1 in a while, in fact I have two of them. My New F-1 with the eye level prism about as reliable as it gets. I bought it off my brother ages ago along with some FD lenses when I expanded my Canon FD kit. Yes this Nikon fan boy loves shooting Canon FD on occasion too. I then bought a second Canon New F-1 body with the AE prism so I actually can use aperture priority. The New F-1 was Canon's answer to the Nikon F3, it feels solid in the hand and quite inutitive.

Sadly the New F-1 AE needs another trip to a repair tech due to a small meter glitch, well not really the meter but a tiny diapharm that covers the manual focus meter when AE is in play, t is now coverning 95% of the manual meter mode when I'm in manual. Why oh why didn't Canon just go with something along the lines of Nikon FE(2) or Pentax K2 in terms of metering, or even Minolta with the XD series? There's a reason why Nikon ruled the pro body market with F3HP and this is it, weird little design decisions that come back to bite you. The F3 isn't perfect, the LCD meter display isn't going to last forever either.

That said the New F-1 I bought off my brother is a tank and it just won't quit and it metered perfectly on a day with endless grey skies. The FDn 50 f1.4 lens. is the perfect choice, this is one of Canon's best lenses.


Camera: Canon New F-1, FDn 50 f1.4 lens.
Film: Kodak Tri-X 400 pushed to 1600, HC110 B.

Fog in the Downtown Core

Pair of King St. Streetcars

Walking Along Temperance St

Chaos at Queen and Bay St

Closed Ramp at Nathan Philips Square

Crossing Bay St. at the Eaton Centre

Underground Loading Dock Entrance

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Second Roll of Aerocolor IV (Flic Film Elektra 100)

Rollei 35, Rollei RPX 100 on the October Photo Walk

The Trip Back Down HIghway 35 from Dwight to Minden.