I want to thank Ori Carmona, a friend and fellow Facebook Group adminstrator for Canon Film Photography for me to try out. So, my first serious camera was a Canon Rebel XS, your classic plastic fantastic from the late 1990s, once I went to manual focus, I never really used that camera again. Fast forward 20 years and with collection of camera gear from a variety of brands, I sort of saw myself as a Nikon fan boy with a soft spot for Canon FD mount gear and really loved shooting other brands like Minolta, Olympus and Pentax. I never shot with a pro grade Canon EOS mount camera, I do own a Nikon F4 which sadly has developed really bad LCD bleed on both displays so she's toast. Ori loaned me his camera to try out. Yes this camera made Nikon's life very difficult, and probably the reason why the F5 came along. First I did was consult the owners manual, Canon does things differently than other brands, so Auto Exposure is Av, Shutter Priority is Tv (why I have no idea, it goes back ...
South of Huntsville I took the scenic route via Highway 35 to one partly avoid the hellscape that's the 400/11 when you get close to Barrie and points south and two, go exploring with Jo-Anne who hasn't been down this way before. Another reason why we chose this route was I wanted to stop by my cousins' cottage south of Beaverton on Lake Simcoe so Jo-Anne can meet them. It was beautiful drive down and we had lunch at the Trading Bay Dining Company in Dorset, despite being mid October it was a nice day for patio dining. In the end it was a good day for driving and exploring but the closer we got to Southern Ontario the rain started and by the time we got back to Toronto it was a wall of water making navigating a treat to Jo-Anne's place. I prefer to remember the nicer parts up in Dorset and Minden. Camera: Olympus OM-1n, Zuiko lenses. Film: Kodak Ultramax 400.
I bought a bunch of Flic Film Elektra 100 after shooting a roll of Santa Color 100 late last fall down in Niagara on the Lake with my good Canon New F-1. I packed a two rolls gifting one roll to my brother Alex before heading south on vacation for a week. This time around my second adventure of Kodak Aero Color IV at a different time of the year. Again, I shot at "box speed" at 100 ISO only this time through my Nikon F3/T. This time I loved the results even more, not just because it went through a different camera system. I think back late last November there was more infrared light in the spectrum due the time of year thus influencing the colour cast of the Aero Color 1V. Shooting the second roll in late March gave me a lot more the look I adored. Due to the polyester base Aero Color IV is easy to scan, you can almost colour correct during the scanning process, reducing your work flow a bit at the other end in Lightroom. Again being a polyester base, you want to load...
Comments