I am suffering what from Gear Aquisition Syndrome or more commonly known in photography circles as GAS. I have a signifigant birthday next year, I am not telling you how old I will be because that is inmaterial. I want to build a killer kit as a birthday present to myself.

Option 1)

A Leica M body Rangefinder maybe an M2, M4 or M6 with Carl Zeiss 35 f2 Biogon, 50 f2 Planar and 90 f2 Leica Elmarit lens set. This won't be cheap but with this kit I won't be buying anymore Leica.

Option 2)

A Nikon FM3a, the last manual focus 35mm film SLR from Nikon. They purged their product line up a few years ago leaving only the outsourced FM10 and the pro body F6 and the FM3a was one of the casulties. I don't mind if it's the chrome or black finish and I plan to buy Nikkor AI/AIS glass to go with it. I am thinking the 20 f2.8, 28 f2.8, 35 f2, 50 f1.4, 105 f2.5 and a 200mm lens. That is a lot of glass but I am buying used and on the whole Nikkor glass is inexpensive compared to some other brands (i.e. Olympus).

So two icon camera systems. What should I go with? I play with both lens systems at present so everything will be compatible. I will be shooting black and white negative and colour reversal film. Thoughts?

Comments

Unknown said…
Hi,
nice to know there is still analogue photographers around, even better they do concerts.

if you are interested to that I opened a new website/blog liveon35mm.com
that is all about concert photography shot on glorious black & white film.

(Using even more glorious manual Zeiss lenses on contax cameras)

come, visit and comment here
liveon35mm.com

ciao
Valerio - liveon35mm

Popular posts from this blog

Rollei 35, Rollei RPX 100 on the October Photo Walk

Second Roll of Aerocolor IV (Flic Film Elektra 100)

The Trip Back Down HIghway 35 from Dwight to Minden.