One lens I got from Alex along with the Canon F-1n is the legendary FD 35 f2 with the chrome nose complete with the radioactive rare earth glass element. All I can say is wow, the results are mind blowing and the 35 f2 lens weighs a ton especially mated with the Canon F-1n body. I pack a two lens set up if I'm in the city the 35 lens along with the 100 f2.8 telephoto. Anything more, my briefcase gets heavy.


The Drive Back Down 35 Through Dorset and Minden
South of Huntsville I took the scenic route via Highway 35 to one partly avoid the hellscape that's the 400/11 when you get close to Barrie and points south and two, go exploring with Jo-Anne who hasn't been down this way before. Another reason why we chose this route was I wanted to stop by my cousins' cottage south of Beaverton on Lake Simcoe so Jo-Anne can meet them. It was beautiful drive down and we had lunch at the Trading Bay Dining Company in Dorset, despite being mid October it was a nice day for patio dining. In the end it was a good day for driving and exploring but the closer we got to Southern Ontario the rain started and by the time we got back to Toronto it was a wall of water making navigating a treat to Jo-Anne's place. I prefer to remember the nicer parts up in Dorset and Minden. Camera: Olympus OM-1n, Zuiko lenses. Film: Kodak Ultramax 400.
Comments