A small word on Photographic Gear

I follow a site called the Art of Photography and they have a great series of video podcasts, well produced and geared to wide photography enthusiast audience. I'm sharing two of them today to give an idea what is in my camera bag. 


This is a podcast on 35mm film photography and a great showcase on the Nikon F3HP, one of my favourite cameras and I consider it my go to for critical work. What I found interesting is the F3 was in production for around 18 to 20 years almost from 1980 to 2002 depending what source you want to refer to. The other interesting fact is the camera was designed by Italdesign chief Giorgetto Giugiaro who also designed for Ferrari, Maserati and Volkswagen in the 1960s and '70s. 



A second podcast, this time on twin lens reflex cameras. For the record I own three:  a Rolleiflex Series 3.5 Zeiss Planar, Rolleicord IV as well as Mamiya C220 and all of them take amazing photographs. TLRs are compact and relatively lightweight cameras save for the Mamiya which is a boat anchor in terms of weight. Rolleiflexes are a cult camera in terms of collector value depending on the model and are surprisingly still being made in the digital age.



A quick recap, both videos are from the Art of Photography video podcast archives on Youtube, the creator and host is Ted Forbes. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Rollei 35, Rollei RPX 100 on the October Photo Walk

Second Roll of Aerocolor IV (Flic Film Elektra 100)

The Trip Back Down HIghway 35 from Dwight to Minden.