Weekend Retreat off the Beaten Path.

Somewhere between Huntsville and Algonquin Park on Bella Lake is a small piece of paradise. My long weekend road trip took me to Billie Bear Lodge, a family owned cottage resort that acted as our base for photographic expeditions.  What I love about this place was the fact it is off the beaten path, in this case Highway 60.  The first thing I did when I got out my car in the parking lot, I closed my eyes, took a deep breath and just listened.

I was up there during low season, it was quiet, as in you don't hear civilization quiet and that is an addictive quality when coupled with your surroundings. My friends showed up shortly after I arrived and we took over the lodge at the resort and made dinner Friday night. I have a soft spot for places like Billie Bear Resort, the accommodations are rustic but that's what I like about it.

Billie Bear Rd.

Scan-131009-0006

One of many Billie Bear Cabins

A Quiet Spot

Front Row Seats

Scan-131009-0002

End of the Season on Bella Lake

Camera: Nikon F3HP, various Nikkor lenses
Film: Fuji Pro 400H 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Second Roll of Aerocolor IV (Flic Film Elektra 100)

Rollei 35, Rollei RPX 100 on the October Photo Walk

The Trip Back Down HIghway 35 from Dwight to Minden.