Fall Road Trip Part One

Uxbridge Station
Scan-131009-0003
Old Budd Rail Car

A few weeks ago I fell off the grid took the scenic route up to a lodge near Algonquin Park to meet up with friends for the weekend and take lots of pictures. I like driving through Durham Region as I have a strong family connection to the area. I took a route through Uxbridge because I wanted to photograph the York-Durham Heritage Railway's northern terminus and I have a weak spot for old trains. Been there last year but suffered light leaks in the camera gear I was using at the time, didn't suffer that problem this time around.

Unfortunately I didn't get a chance to take pictures of their Alco Road Switcher  which was in operation in the yard, I have walked around on their day off but I kept my distance from the operating locomotive for safety reasons, there's always next time when I'm in the area to get a decent photo.

I drove through Uxbridge to get to Highway 12 or the Trans Canada Highway so I can get to Cannington for lunch. More about that next time.

Camera used: Nikon F3HP with a Nikkor Ais 50 f1.4
Film: Fuji Pro 400 H. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Rollei 35, Rollei RPX 100 on the October Photo Walk

Second Roll of Aerocolor IV (Flic Film Elektra 100)

The Trip Back Down HIghway 35 from Dwight to Minden.