Did I Tell You it's Cold Out There?

I love winter, truly I do, I embrace the beauty of the season, been skiing for 38 years and that keeps me sane during the winter. This year it's cold, I mean really cold as in a puffy down jacket on a cold January's night has no insulation value with arctic winds taking the windchill down -38c or some crazy number like that.

If you plan to go out and partake in some winter photography, dress in layers,  have spare batteries for your camera as they drain fast in cold and keep them close to your body. I still shoot with film and my go to camera for winter and travel photography, the Olympus OM-1n has a mechanical shutter so the battery just powers the centre weighted light meter.

For this series of photos I used a black and white motion picture stock as a still film from a German company called ORWO .  The particular product was 35mm UN54 which is rated 100 ISO for daylight and I process in Kodak Xtol at a one part developer one part water ratio for 6 minutes and 30 seconds.









To give you an idea how cold it got this January:



This was last year first week of February:

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Second Roll of Aerocolor IV (Flic Film Elektra 100)

Rollei 35, Rollei RPX 100 on the October Photo Walk

The Trip Back Down HIghway 35 from Dwight to Minden.