Week in the Beaches Part One

I spent the first week of August house sitting in the Beaches at my brother's place looking after a black lab, turtle, and gold fish. I also got a chance to wander through one of my favourite Toronto neighbourhoods. At the east end is an architectural gem the R.C. Harris Water Treatment Plant which also was non speaking character in the Michael Ondaatje novel In the Skin of a Lion. The best time to shoot this complex is on a bright sunny morning. I can see the buildings used for exterior shots for exterior shots from period pieces to science fiction if it hasn't already.

There's much more to come. Unfortunately I lost a roll during processing, it was an expired medium format Kodak Plus X. The emulsion was fine but the film itself, the polyester base had issues I just could not rescue. Pity. Stay tuned there's much more to come.

Camera: Series E  Rolleiflex Twin Lens Reflex Camera with the 75mm f3.5 Zeiss Planar Lens

Film: Kodak Tri-X400, Hc110 B.

Doorway to Water

Harris Filtration Plant 1

Railing

Walking Westward Towards Kew Beach

Woodbine Beach Boardwalk 1

Pretty Houses

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Second Roll of Aerocolor IV (Flic Film Elektra 100)

Rollei 35, Rollei RPX 100 on the October Photo Walk

The Trip Back Down HIghway 35 from Dwight to Minden.