On the Road Through Cannington Ontario

Cannington Ontario is a special place for me. My branch of Highland Scots Smiths settled here in the 1820s and my great grandfather owned the town feed store where the Cannington mural is today, sadly the building burned down back in the 1990s.

This is real small town Ontario, not cottage country hamlet or a little tourist town like Elora. Canadian author Timothy Findley had a country place near town. You blink and you probably miss Cannington. What I need to figure out is where my great granddad lived, sadly, again, I have very little information but I'm tracking down someone from the local historical society, stay tuned.

I shot Tri-X 400 and it handles the bright morning sun well and I made a good call taking my Olympus OM-2n's with me this time.

Camera: Olympus OM-2n, Zuiko MC 50 f1.8 lens.
Film: Kodak Tri-X 400, Xtol 1+1.

Welcome to Cannington

Corner Door on Cameron St

Shadows On Cameron St

Thursday Morning in Downtown Cannington_

Holy Grounds Coffee Cannington_

Cannington Storefront

Corner House_

Cameron Variety Store

Cannington Convenience Store

West Looking Cameron St






Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Second Roll of Aerocolor IV (Flic Film Elektra 100)

Rollei 35, Rollei RPX 100 on the October Photo Walk

The Trip Back Down HIghway 35 from Dwight to Minden.