Mid Winter Photography in Caledon Continued

I had an opportunity to shoot my nephew Marcus on the Timber Tour when it stopped at the Caledon Ski Club a few weeks ago. It gave me to try out a zoom telephoto I bought the year before, it's great for sports photography, and the N90s was perfect for it. These shots were on Friday, the practice day. Marcus sadly came down with Strep throat and couldn't compete Saturday. I'm still proud he can pull jumps like this.

I don't ski with my camera gear too often anymore, there's one particular lift operator who has a hate on for the camera bag I use and channels his inner mall cop. Meanwhile ski patrolers wearing backpacks are ignored. Truth of the matter, I don't need the hassle, I've been skiing longer than this guy has been alive, I know what an acceptable risk is, and choose my gear carefully.


Camera: Nikon N90s, Nikkor AFD 70-210 F4-5.6 lens, Af 50 f1.8 lens.
Film: Kodak Portra 400

Marcus Sliding on the Ramp

Airborne Marcus

Marcus Landing_

Bottom of West Hill_

Top of Stapell's Chair_

Skiing down Larry's Line

Snowy West Credit River One

Snow Covered Bridge Across the West Credit

Bush St. Towards Main


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Rollei 35, Rollei RPX 100 on the October Photo Walk

Second Roll of Aerocolor IV (Flic Film Elektra 100)

The Trip Back Down HIghway 35 from Dwight to Minden.