Toronto HP5 Pushed to 1600 with a Leica

It's been a while since I shot with one of my Leicas, and I also wanted to use up what's left of my bulk loaded HP5. For kicks and giggles I pushed it to 1600 ISO and processed in Tmax Developer with a 1+4 dilution. I went with my M4-2 with my Canon 50 f1.4 (Japanese Summilux) lens and kept it simple. It was liberating granted after a while slushy Toronto in February wears thin, even for those of us who like winter and ski every weekend.

I love pushing Tri-X, especially in Xtol, love what I get in that developer, same for HC110. Now I haven't pushed HP5 in a long time and had some Tmax Developer. Do I like this combination? It's not bad. I love HP5 around or slightly overexposed at box speed. I have to figure out the sweetspot for push processing.

Camera: Leica M4-2, Canon 50 f1.4 LTM lens.
Film: Ilford HP5 400, pushed to 1600, Tmax Dev 1+4.

Mid Afternoon Brookfield Place

Waiting To Cross at Wellington

Waiting To Cross at Wellington, the Sprint Begins

514 Dufferin Cherry St. Car at Bay St

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Rollei 35, Rollei RPX 100 on the October Photo Walk

Second Roll of Aerocolor IV (Flic Film Elektra 100)

The Trip Back Down HIghway 35 from Dwight to Minden.