The Freebie Olympus OM-2n with the $188 Overhaul

I was gifted a black Olympus OM-2n last fall up in Limehouse Ontario by my friend Dan before a photowalk. It came with two Tamron adaptall lenses. The 80-200 was good, the 35-80 had some fungus, so that was quickly segregated. The Camera body itself had seen better days, it had been stored in the basement and you could smell the mustiness which wasn't a good sign. I went local for the overhaul and figured around $150 will bring the camera from the dead.

The OM-2n had battery drain issues, and needed a circuit board from a donar camera, along with a thorough clean came back to life.  It cost me around $180 in the end, pretty much the same as a functioning OM2n purchased off Ebay from the used counter at your local indie camera store. So far, so good. I ran a test roll walking around Old Oakville on dismal Family Day Monday. Also gave me an opportunity to use up my HP5 stash as I'm switching to Rollei RPX 400 bulk rolls going forward.

Camera: Olympus OM2n, Zuiko MC 50 f1.8 lens.
Film: Ilford HP5 400, HC110 B.

Recently returned Olympus OM2n.

Lakeshore Rd. Family Day 2018

Grey Lakside View II


Dingle Park Shoreline

TOWARF Boat Hoist

Erchiliss House Winter 2018

William St

Thomas St. Row Houses

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Second Roll of Aerocolor IV (Flic Film Elektra 100)

Rollei 35, Rollei RPX 100 on the October Photo Walk

The Trip Back Down HIghway 35 from Dwight to Minden.