Slow Launching Spring in Toronto

Spring has been slow to launch this year, these photos were shot two weeks ago and you can still see a pile of melting snow/slush.

Thankfully it is a lot warmer today. I love shooting in the financial district, a number of older downtown office towers are being renovated by their owners which adds to the texture in the photographs.

I'm making an effort to shoot more medium format and I reaching for my twin lens reflex cameras exclusively, namely my Rolleicords and Rolleiflex. There's something about shooting from a slightly different perspective and a near silent shutter along with the outstanding optics. I guess that's why I haven't picked up my Hasselblad system since 2016.

It's time to review what I have and make some changes, the 500 C/M system not getting used and I would love another Rolleiflex, a 2.8 Planar or Xenotar to compliment my current 3.5 E Planar. For now, I have to start researching what the current market value is for my Hassie gear and what a decent 2.8 F failing that 2.8 D or E series is worth. Stay tuned in that department. Deep down I'm a twin lens reflex guy at heart, much more portable, unobtrusive and won't blow your carry on weight limit like a medium format SLR can.

Camera: Rolleicord Vb, 75 f3.5 Schneider Xenar lens.
Film: Ilford HP5 400, HC110 B.

A Way Across Adelaide_

Looking For a Way Across Adelaide_

Temperance St. Looking West_

Richmond St. By the Bay

Temperance St. Looking Towards Bay S

Yonge and Adelaide

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Second Roll of Aerocolor IV (Flic Film Elektra 100)

Rollei 35, Rollei RPX 100 on the October Photo Walk

The Trip Back Down HIghway 35 from Dwight to Minden.