Playing with a Nikon F4 Again.


While staying at my brother's a few weeks back I got a chance to try his Nikon F4 out again, I needed a break from shooting with Minolta gear non stop this. I should back up, it's not my first time shooting with this camera. I played with Alex's F4 when he was moving houses almost ten years ago, I didn't like back then. Now I do. What changed?

Well, matrix metering for starters, I tried it out on my N90s and loved it with the AF Nikkor lenses I own. With the F4 you can matrix meter with just about any Nikkor lens made. It was the last pro body that used dials for everything, I toyed with getting an F5 but buying more AA batteries and dealing with menu hell wasn't my idea of progress. With the F4 you either need four or six batteries.

I enjoyed shooting with Alex's F4S so much, over Labour Day weekend I got my own F4, I don't need as many frames per second and I'll be shooting Ai and Ais lenses on this camera mostly and it's slightly lighter.

Stay tuned I plan to write a more in-depth piece on the F4 in the future.


Camera: Nikon F4S, Nikkor Ai 50 f1.4 lens.
Film: Kodak Tri-X 400, Xtol 1+1.

Nikon F4

Woodcut Sun

Woodcut Moon

Fire Station 17 on Wednesday Two

Checking the Remainders Out At Book City

The Stone Lion Patio

Relaxing in Front of Buds

Owls for Sale

Empty Boardwalk on Wednesday

Texting by the Boardwalk

Monochrome Gardener's Cottage

Monochrome Black Eyed Susans


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Second Roll of Aerocolor IV (Flic Film Elektra 100)

Rollei 35, Rollei RPX 100 on the October Photo Walk

The Trip Back Down HIghway 35 from Dwight to Minden.