The Canon FD 35 F2 lens in the Beaches Part Two

 Canon FD mount 35 F2 lens aren't cheap. I got luck when mine came with the New F-1 I bought off my brother Alex. My version is an early production with the chrome nose and thorium glass. Naively I thought I could buy a decent FDn 35 F2 from the 1980s to compliment my pair of New F-1's, yeah, no. 

I got sticker shock some time between I got the chrome nose 35 f2 lens and now, cinematographers fell in love with certain 35mm SLR lenses and they love using the old glass on their digital video cameras. I'm not talking wedding videographers but people shooting movies, TV shows and music videos. The other problem with old FD glass, finding a decent example is going to take time. The old FDn lenses. were prone to haze and very humid climates, fungus. Oh joy, reading many EX++++++ cosmetically great but please ignore the mushroom farm and the fact the previous owner used 120 grit sandpaper on the front element for some dumb reason. Shame. 

So I live with the gen one FD 35 F2, despite its weight, it's a beast of lens in other areas, it plain delivers. As much as the collector in me wants to get the younger lens, that's a lot of money for one particular lens and it will be a while before I'll come across a decent example. 



Camera: Canon F-1n, FD 35 F2 lens. 

Film: Ilford Delta 100, HC110 B. 



Stairs Up from the Beach RC Harris Upper Building Under the Haze RC Harris Lower Tower RC Harris Work Being Done Neville Park Wooden Sculpture Goof Sign July 2021 Overcast Skies Cedar Ave With the Sun coming Through the Trees Interlock Alleyway Ramp Side St. Above Queen St Back Alley in the Beaches Garage Door Art Allleyway Looking South Beaches Queen Anne Gem Beaches Tudor Craftsman Style_ Dew on the Leaves Three Houses North of Queen St. East Front Yard Parking_ Custom Painted Bench_ Panal Van and Mural_ Patient Lab Three Houses on Queen East

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Rollei 35, Rollei RPX 100 on the October Photo Walk

Second Roll of Aerocolor IV (Flic Film Elektra 100)

The Trip Back Down HIghway 35 from Dwight to Minden.