Beaches and the Nikkor O 35 f2 lens.

 

Ok, so I've given the Canon FD 35 F2 lens a serious workout in the Beaches, lets see what Nikon has up their sleeve with the Nikkor O 35 F2. An eight element in six grouping design, the O 35 F2 was a very solid slightly wider than normal by today's standard lens that was very sharp and quite versatile for street, landscape, travel and event photography. The optical design didn't really change through to the Ais Nikkor  version, the lens coatings and housing construction changed drastically throughout the product life. Running with my Nikon F2SB, a rather rare beast within the F2 product family I went out and shot around my favourite Toronto neighbourhood (yes, I want to move here at some point). 

As the selection below shows I got beautiful results, including a portrait of my friend Art. The Nikkor O 35 F2 I own has the single coating.  I also own the the Ais version with the more updated lens coatings and it just plain delivers. 

Instead of using Ilford Delta 100, I ran with Kosmo Mono 100 which I processed in ID-11 1+1 which is British D76. I'll have to stock up with this film again soon, I love the classic look I get out of it. 

As of right now I'm back in the Beaches but plan to shoot more colour film, but you will have to wait until after Labour Day weekend for that. 

Camera: Nikon F2SB, Nikkor O 35 f2 lens. 

Film: Kosmo Mono 100, ID-11 1+1. 


Sign Collection One Sign Collection Two Where Woodbine Meets Lakeshore August 2021 Upper Deck in the Shade Walking Past Fire Station 17 Breakwall Sunday Morning Bud's Coffee in the Morning Between Customers Smack in the Middle of Queen St Art August 2021 Kew Garden Benches Coneflowers Lifeguard Boats Ready to Deploy Lifeguard Boats Ready to Launch Garage Doors At RC Harris Water Filtration Plant_ RC Harris Water Plant on a Hazy Day 501 At the Neville Park Loop Goof Sign Black and White Parked Jag on Display Kustom Kawasaki_ Street Patio at Stone Lion Stone Lion Sunday in August 501 Westbound at Woodbine

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Rollei 35, Rollei RPX 100 on the October Photo Walk

Second Roll of Aerocolor IV (Flic Film Elektra 100)

Scotsdale Farm in the Fall