Walkabout with my Leica M3

 I haven't shot with my Leica M3 in a while so it was overdue for a workout. This camera was my dad's and as the current custodian, I shoot it and hope one day to pass it onto either my niece or nephew if one or hopefully both show in interest in photography. The big downside with my M3 is, as an early production example (made in 1954), it had scientific speed as in below 1/250, it was 1/100, 1/50, 1/25 all the way down to bulb. Takes a wee bit of getting used to. The companion lens. the 50 F2 Collapsible Summicron is a dream piece of glass and I understand why Leica fans wax lyrical over the the rendering. Dad also had a 90 F4 Collapsible Elmar lens which in my books is quite underrated. 

Everytime I use my M3, I think of dad, while it has become a family heirloom, I have use it more. While a joy to shoot the M3 being a rangefinder, is not as versatile as an SLR. 




Camera: Leica M3 DS, 50 F2 Collapsible Summicron and 90 F4 Collapsible Elmar lens. 

Film: Kosmo Mono 100, D76 1+1. 



Church Bench April 2022 The 7 and Tommy Bahama April_ Piazza Bistro April 2022 Porsche 930 Slantnose April 2022 Lakeshore Road Three Trunks Balsam and Lakeshore Heritage House Two April 2022_ Crossing Lakeshore at AllenApril 2022_ Dingle Park Path Looking West._ Dingle Park Path Looking East._ Sitting by the Lake April 2022 Couruer Drop on Lakeshore_ Morrison Heights Modernism Morrison Heights Creek Bridge April 2022 Pinewood Park Path Late April 2022 Cedargrove Cul de Sac Late April 2022 Ferrari California in the Driveway Bong's Variety Late April 2022 Former Farm House Late April 2022

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Second Roll of Aerocolor IV (Flic Film Elektra 100)

Rollei 35, Rollei RPX 100 on the October Photo Walk

The Trip Back Down HIghway 35 from Dwight to Minden.