Oakville in the Spring with my Nikkormat EL.

 Funny what can happen within a few weeks. I shot this set the first week of May and it was pretty depressing the first half of the roll, then it was  like someone turned the dimmer switch way up and it got super bright outside. I haven't seen light this clean in months. Either way Color Plus 200, Kodak's historic cheap and cheerful (now not quite so cheap, if you can find it) handled the assignment well. 

Color Plus 200 is the counterpart to Gold 200, both sell into the same market segment that historically was hte casual photographer documenting life events. More recently being adapted by photographers of all skill levels as a subsitute for more expensive Portra and to chase a nostalgic look. I'm no different. I'm more inclined to shoot the the expensive stuff in my F4, F5, F90X and F100 for the more accurate matrix metering. If I want something more "From the before times" feel, I'm inclined to reach for my stocks of Gold, Color Plus and Fuji Superia 400. 

I delibrately over expose colour films faster than 100 ISO on average a stop, in this case I rated this Color Plus 200 at 125 ISO and processed normally. I hope I can score more Color Plus 200, right now colour film period is hard to find. That said I do have a brick of Cinestill 400D in transit, I can't wait to try that. 


Nikkormat EL, K series Pre Ai Nikkor 50 f1.4 lens. Nikkor N 28 F2 lens. 

Film: Kodak Color Plus 200. 



Allan and MacDonald Arts and Crafts House MacDonald Arts and Crafts House Two MacDonald and Reynolds_ MacDonald Ave Toll Keeper's House Bongs Variety May 2022 Abusing the Fisheye Mirror May 2022 Former Farm House May 2022 Pick Up Trucks and Heritage House Potter's Folly May 2022 George's Square Path_ Knox Oakville May 2022 South side of Lakeshore May 2022 Pink Tulips May 2022 Cairncroft Corner May 2022 Lakeshore Road Crosswalk May 2022 Gairloch Gardens Path to the Lake Early May 2022 Spring Bloom at Gairloch Gardens May 2022 Yellow Explosion May 2022 Gairloch Gallery Early May 2022 Gairloch Shore Early May 2022 Gairloch Tiny Library May 2022 Gairloch Arts and Crafts House May 2022

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Rollei 35, Rollei RPX 100 on the October Photo Walk

Second Roll of Aerocolor IV (Flic Film Elektra 100)

The Trip Back Down HIghway 35 from Dwight to Minden.