Return to the Oxtongue River Part One.

I first visited the Oxtongue Rapids 10 years ago on my first photography retreat with the NLP group. I'm using the same gear sort of as I was a decade ago but with different film stocks this time around. On this post I rolled with the Nikon F3/T and Portra 160 which fast became my new favourite splurge for medium speed colour negative film. I prefer Portra 160 over 400 any day of the week and it fast replaced Ektar 100 as the new go to landscape colour negative film. 

It was Jo-Anne's first time at the Oxtongue Rapids and was blown away at the beauty. I myself had another chance to photograph an extremely beautiful spot in the eastern edge of Muskoka Region. We also went further up river to see the upper rapids which I did not visit decade ago. I would love to shoot medium format colour film here at some point with my Mamiya C220F. 


Camera: Nikon F3/T, Nikkor AIS lenses. 

Film: Kodak Portra 160. 


Oxtongue Rapids 1 Sept 2023 Friday Oxtongue Rapids 2 Sept 2023 Friday Oxtongue Rapids 3 Sept 2023 Friday Oxtongue Rapids 4 Sept 2023 Friday Oxtongue Rapids 6 Sept 2023 Friday Oxtongue Rapids 7 Sept 2023 Friday Reflected Oxtongue River Sept 2023 Friday Oxtongue Rapids Further Up River 3 Sept 2023 Friday Oxtongue Rapids Further Up River Sept 2023 Friday Oxtongue Rapids Further Up River 2 Sept 2023 Friday Oxtongue Rapids Further Up River Water 2 Sept 2023 Friday Oxtongue Rapids Further Up River Water 3 Sept 2023 Friday Jo-Anne Photographing Me Sept 2023 Friday

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Barnack Madness, What Was I Thinking?

Second Roll of Aerocolor IV (Flic Film Elektra 100)

Rollei 35, Rollei RPX 100 on the October Photo Walk