We organized an Oakville Camera Club outing for Spencer Gorge near Hamilton this past Sunday morning. Armed with a Nikon FM and neutral density filters to slow things down, I got the photographs below. I took a different approach this time out not focusing on Webster's Falls (which is over photographed), instead looking at the fast water as a source of inspiration. There's more to come when I get the test roll of Ektar 100 processed.





The Drive Back Down 35 Through Dorset and Minden
South of Huntsville I took the scenic route via Highway 35 to one partly avoid the hellscape that's the 400/11 when you get close to Barrie and points south and two, go exploring with Jo-Anne who hasn't been down this way before. Another reason why we chose this route was I wanted to stop by my cousins' cottage south of Beaverton on Lake Simcoe so Jo-Anne can meet them. It was beautiful drive down and we had lunch at the Trading Bay Dining Company in Dorset, despite being mid October it was a nice day for patio dining. In the end it was a good day for driving and exploring but the closer we got to Southern Ontario the rain started and by the time we got back to Toronto it was a wall of water making navigating a treat to Jo-Anne's place. I prefer to remember the nicer parts up in Dorset and Minden. Camera: Olympus OM-1n, Zuiko lenses. Film: Kodak Ultramax 400.
Comments
Great photo's! The kind of stuff I like.
I'm lazy. I don't like rummaging around forums when I have a specific question. Your photos look great on this Blog. I just recently got back into analog with a Voigtlander setup. Would you be willing to dialog a bit via email as to the ways that work for you to get your b&W work digitized? I've done b&W with digital cameras and the results are great. But hey, they aren't from analog cameras.
My email is tkrause53@gmail.com