Yorkville in Colour

Technology sometimes isn't our friend. I use Vuescan scanning software and after the most recent update, my Epson V600 Photo started crashing. I even went back a release, no such luck. I wound up downloading the Epson scanning software for Mac OS and managed to get it configured, and it looks I'm using that going forward for the next little while because starting from default settings every time you fire up the scanner to digitize some negatives or slides, tedious.

Speaking of scanning my workflow, I scan my negatives into a TIFF file on an external hard drive and process in Adobe Lightroom, usually just cropping, dust removal and a bit of sharpening and export as a Jpeg for web use. If I'm printing black and white, and I'm 11x14 and smaller with paper, I'll do it old school in a darkroom, with colour and bigger prints, I farm it out to a print studio.

Yorkville is an interesting neighbourhood to photograph, the end result from early gentrification, I've nick named it the celebrity petting zoo around Toronto Film Festival season.

Camera: Asahi Pentax Spotmatic SP, Super Multi Coated Takumar lenses.
Film: Lomography 400 C-41.

Wooden Crosswalk

Looking Over to Cumberland

Shopping in Old York Lane

Gelato Break on Belair_

Cafe Nervosa_

Top end of Old York Lane

Metal Mountie

Crossing Hazelton Avenue_

Exclusive Coffee Spot

Blue Coffee Truck

Yorkville at Avenue Road Take Two

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Second Roll of Aerocolor IV (Flic Film Elektra 100)

Rollei 35, Rollei RPX 100 on the October Photo Walk

The Trip Back Down HIghway 35 from Dwight to Minden.