Toronto Islands in the Fall


I discovered the Toronto Islands were a great spot for a fall colours photo walk with the most recent Toronto Film Shooters Facebook fall meet up, I love the Minolta MD 75-150 F4 lens, especially for skyline shots from Algonquin Island. Also, I can't recommend the Rectory Cafe enough as a spot for lunch or dinner if you are exploring the Islands. When the weather is nice and warm, their patio near Lakeshore Avenue rocks, I know I'll be back in the spring.

Now I mentioned earlier this is a park, a very popular one at that in the Summer, The Toronto Islands, specifically Algonquin and Ward's Island are residential neighbourhoods. Contrasting with Oakville with the go big or go home ethos with home construction. The Toronto Island houses are essentially year around cottages in a pedestrian and bicycle first neighbourhood. It is a big contrast to the mainland in terms of pace and there are some planning lessons to having a pedestrian/bicycle first neighbourhood, everything is down to human scale.

Those who live here are very fortunate, to my understanding there's a long waiting list to even get a shack. The big downsides are, everything you want, and need, is a ferry or boat ride away, and in the winter, the offshore breeze is a special level of bitter cold I can't describe and I generally love winter. It takes a special breed to live out on the Toronto Islands as it is not for everyone, especially if the private water taxis stop running for the season.

Now, I have one little ask of you for those from the Google+ Film and Analogue Photography community, if you like what I share to continue to see my blog posts after Alphabet pulls the plug on their social platform in August 2019, hit subscribe and you'll see my posts three times a week.

Camera: Minolta XD, MD Rokkor lenses.
Film: Kodak Portra 400.

Walking Along Lakshore Boulevard

Back Entrance to the Rectory

Island Cat

Ojibway Ave

Toronto in November_

Toronto in November Four

Toronto in November Five

Ojibway Ave House one_

Ojibway Ave House Two

Ojibway Ave Looking South

Ward's Island Fixer Upper

Ward's Island House in the Trees_

Eastern Channel Renovation

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Rollei 35, Rollei RPX 100 on the October Photo Walk

Second Roll of Aerocolor IV (Flic Film Elektra 100)

The Trip Back Down HIghway 35 from Dwight to Minden.