Rollei 35 S, and Kodak Color Plus 200, I Figured Out the Sweet Spot.

Two things, Rollei 35's are addictive little cameras, I couldn't just have one. I traded in my Olympus OM-4 and a Nikkor AF-D Telephoto zoom lens for a Made in Singapore Rollei 35 S with the 40 f2.8 Zeiss Sonnar lens. Oh boy, these photos are sharp as all get out. Instead of shooting black and white I rolled with Kodak Color Plus 200. To expand on my comments on shooting a Rollei 35 regardless the lens it has. They can be fiddly cameras to load because you load from right to left because of the left handed film advance. This may or may not be a problem for you. The other thing these cameras are over 45 years old so unless they have been overhauled recently, don't expect the meters to work or be accurate when they do, but that's what Sunny 16 and a smart phone light meter app is for if you really want to travel light.

While shooting this test roll I shot Color Plus 200 at 100 ISO and I think the photos look far superior than what I did back in August during my stay in the Beaches. The secret is overexpose a stop. I am so much happier with these results. I think this will be be the film camera combo for sunny winter days while skiing. We'll see.



Camera: Rollei 35 S, 40 f2.8 Zeiss Sonnar Lens.
Film: Kodak Color Plus 200, exposed at 100 ISO and lab processed normally.

Rollei 35S



Church and Front Photoshoot on the Corner

Gooderham and Worts Fire Escape

Gooderham and Worts Curved Windows

Saturday Morning on Wellington_

Shwarma's King_

Old Streetcars at the Greenwood Yard

Stored Low Floor Streetcars_

Period Advertising

King PCC Car II

Peter Witt Car i_

The Flexy Streetcar_

Eastern and Leslie

Greenwood and Queen



Waiting for the Greenwood Bus

The Only Coffee House_

Black Cat

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Rollei 35, Rollei RPX 100 on the October Photo Walk

Second Roll of Aerocolor IV (Flic Film Elektra 100)

The Trip Back Down HIghway 35 from Dwight to Minden.