Travelling Through Brock Township in October


I went on my annual photography retreat with friends a few weeks ago roughly three hours north of Toronto in Northern Muskoka. I decided to shake up my route a bit, I still wanted to drive through Cannington but it was a more scenic route than usual. Aside from coffee and a croissant at Holy Grounds Coffeee Shop, I wanted to photograph my great granddad's house. We finally figured it out where it was.

Over 100 years ago letters were just addressed to William G. Smith, Cannington Ontario, Canada. That was easy back then because the local office knew which Smith to send it too. Turns out there were two Smith families in town, the Irish Smiths owned the local hotel. My family had the feed store. Both establishments are long gone.

I chose my film well, the weather was all over the place and Portra 400 is the film that could tackle it all. I think I packed one camera too many, I didn't use my FM2n all that much over the weekend, and I could have just run with my FE2 and Rolleiflex. One less camera would have saved some weight and I could have gone just black and white in medium format and colour for 35mm. Lesson learned.

Camera: Nikon FE2, Nikkor Ai 50 f2 lens.
Film: Kodak Portra 400.

Brock Township Backroad Cons 7

Cons 7 Looking West

Cannington Welcome Sign

Cameron St. Cannington Looking Further East

Town Blacksmith Shop and Historical Society

Town Blacksmith Shop and Historical Society Two

Town Blacksmith Shop and Historical Society Three

Great Granddad's House

Favourite House in Cannington Being Restored

Cannington Convience Store_

Cannington Crosswalk

Cannington Stores Still Vacent

Brock Township Sideroad

Hidden House


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Rollei 35, Rollei RPX 100 on the October Photo Walk

Second Roll of Aerocolor IV (Flic Film Elektra 100)

The Trip Back Down HIghway 35 from Dwight to Minden.