Oakville In Sort of Winter

We only got snow recently, the first half of January was pretty mild, and wet, hence no snow in the shots.

Quebec photographer Jess Hobbs has been doing a standing series on documenting her hometown of Granby in the Eastern Townships. I'm taking inspiration from her and another friend to document my own backyard. With this series I pulled out my Canon FTb, the camera that got me back into the Canon FD system, slapped on my chrome nose FD 35 F2 lens for most of the shots, but I also wanted to try out my FDn 85 F1.8 short telephoto lens I got along with my Canon New F-1 AE.

My long time friend Dave Headon and vintange lens enthusiast was the subject of a portrait session to give the 85 F1.8 a workout. Oh wow, this lens shines for portraits, like the Nikkor 105 F2.5, only a wee bit shorter in focal length. The FTb did remarkable job metering considering it was made in 1972.

I also took an opportunity to shoot again in Tannery Park which the Town of Oakville did a great design and will be relatively flood proof. Can't say the same about Gairloch Gardens, I love this particular spot, it's at the end of my street and I go here to think sometimes, the past couple of springs haven't been kind to the park right by the water and they may to have to rethink the landscape design a bit to accomodate the more frequent higher water levels in the spring. Time will tell.


Camera: Canon FTb, FD 35 f2 chrome nose lens. FDn 85 F1.8 lens.
Film: Rollei RPX 400, HC110 B.

David Headon 2020 2

Tannery Park Looking West

Two Swans At the Edge


VIP Tannery Park Seating._

More VIP Seating with Stairs in the Background

Viewing Spot in Tannery Park

Inside the dormant Rose Garden Two

Inner Pond Frozen Over_

Gairloch House in Early Winter

Gairloch Path to the Lake

View From Inside the Covered Porch

Arch to the other Side of the Garden

Ford Pinto

Heritage House on Thomas St. Decked Out for the Holidays

Sunshine on King St._

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Second Roll of Aerocolor IV (Flic Film Elektra 100)

Rollei 35, Rollei RPX 100 on the October Photo Walk

The Trip Back Down HIghway 35 from Dwight to Minden.