March Break in the Beaches with my Minolta XD-11 Part One.

I sent my black Minolta XD-11 off to Garry's Camera back February for an overhaul, and in light of current events, it's the last camera that will be crossing the border for service for the forseeable future. My timing was just right because we're in the new normal now.

My brother did his annual March ski vacation out west in Banff with the family from March 9 to the 14th  and I was back in Toronto looking after Maya, the family dog and Maverick, the family turtle. I packed my recently overhaulled XD-11 and some Rokkor glass for my stay and borrowed my brother's Texas Leica, the Mamiya GW690III, those negs will be processed and scanned shortly.

The game plan was an audition of sorts for what gear will I take with me up to Northern Muskoka later this year for the annual photography retreat, the answer of course will be a pair of XD-11's. I'm super pleased with the results I got from my stay. I only shot one roll of colour (the roll of Ektar 100) and two rolls of Ilford HP5 400, again every frame was perfectly exposed.

I didn't shoot so much March Break, it was the early stages of COVID 19 panic, and there was a plumbing emergency at my brother's house. To say the least weird times and the calm before the panic, people were still out in the neighbourhood going to local coffee shops, bars and restaraunts. That changed the following week. More on that later.



Camera: Minolta XD-11, MD Rokkor lenses.
Film: Kodak Ektar 100.

My new to me Minolta XD-11


501 Westbound in the Shade_

Where did Meat on the Beach Go?

A lot of Fire Station No 17

A lot of Fire Station No 17 Tower

Tulips Close Up_

Stone Lion Patio Getting Ready_

A Real Land Rover

Blue and Yellow House




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Rollei 35, Rollei RPX 100 on the October Photo Walk

Second Roll of Aerocolor IV (Flic Film Elektra 100)

The Trip Back Down HIghway 35 from Dwight to Minden.